Terms and Conditions - Winter Holiday Competition 2016
September 19, 2016
Terms and conditions
The following information and terms and conditions relate to the Japan National Tourism Organisation prize draw to ‘Win a Winter Getaway to Japan’ (the ‘Promotion’). By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. ‘The Promoter’ of this action is the Japan National Tourism Organisation whose registered office is at 1st Floor, Pennine House, 26 Leman Street, London, E1 8ER.
1. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
2. This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 and over only.
3. Employees of the Japan National Tourism Organisation, All Nippon Airways and Nagano and Niigata Snow Resort Alliance, as well as partners or any company involved in the Promotion, or members of their families or households, are not eligible to win.
4. The Promotion opens on 27th September 2016 and closes 5:00pm (GMT) 4th December 2016 (the ‘Promotion Period’). No entries submitted before or after the Promotion Period will be valid. The promoter has the authority to amend, extend or withdraw this without prior notice at any time during this period.
5. The Promotion is free to enter - no purchase is necessary.
6. All valid and successful entries made during the Promotion Period will be eligible to win the main holiday prize consisting of:
a. Return Economy flights from London to Tokyo courtesy of All Nippon Airways (See terms and conditions at point 7 a-h)
b. Ground arrangements by Nagano and Niigata Snow Resort Alliance to include 4 nights’ accommodation for two people in a ski resort hotel in Nagano or Niigata, two three-day lift passes and a JR EAST PASS (Nagano, Niigata area) for domestic travel. (See terms and conditions at point 8 a-f)
7. All Nippon Airways Terms and Conditions:
a. Terms and conditions
b. Prize tickets are for flights on ANA (All Nippon Airways) only. The tickets cannot be used on code share flights.
c. The prize consists of two return Economy Class tickets from London Heathrow to Tokyo Haneda.
d. Travel must originate in the UK from London Heathrow and must be completed between 19 February and 12 March 2017. Travel dates cannot be changed.
e. Flight confirmation is subject to availability at the time of booking and blackout periods may apply.
f. The prize and tickets are non-transferable and may not be re-routed. Passengers must travel together on all sectors of the itinerary.
g. ANA is responsible for the payment of all applicable taxes and service charges.
h. Tickets have no commercial value and cannot be redeemed for cash.
8. Nagano and Niigata Snow Resort Alliance Terms and Conditions:
a. Accommodation, transfers and lift passes will be provided courtesy of Nagano and Niigata Snow Resort Alliance. Accommodation is for 2 adults sharing one room.
b. Services will be booked for a trip sometime between 19 February and 12 March 2017.
c. The winner can choose from 4 resorts including and limited to: 1. Hakuba, 2. Shiga Kogen, 3. Nozawa Onsen and 4. Myoko Kogen.
d. Domestic transportation will be provided in the form of a JR East Pass (Nagano, Niigata area) which cannot be sold or refunded. Travel dates for this pass must be between 19 February and 12 March 2017.
e. JR EAST PASS is flexible five-day pass (any five days within 14 days of issuance, including the day of issuance) http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/eastpass_n/index.html
f. Domestic transportation does not include transportation as below between Nagano Station or Iiyama Station and ski resorts.
-Hakuba: Alpico Express Nagano-Hakuba bus (between Nagano Station and Hakuba)
-Shiga Kogen: Nagaden Express bus (between Nagano Sation and Shiga Kogen)
-Nozawa Onsen: Nozawa Onsen Liner (between Iiyama Station and Nozawa onsen)
-Myoko Kogen: Transportation: Shinano Railway (between Nagano Station and Myoko kogen)
9. To enter the Promotion, you must fill in your details on the Japan National Tourism Organization website, here: http://www.seejapan.co.uk/jnto_consumer/deals-and-packages/latest-offers/win-a-winter-holiday-in-japan.
10. Proof of entry, is not proof of receipt.
11. The Promoter and the Prize Partners accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to the Promotion.
12. If for any reason any aspect of the Promotion does not function correctly, whether by means of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter and Administrator that corrupts or affects the administration, integrity or fairness of the Promotion, then the Promoter may at its sole discretion cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or invalidate affected entries.
13. The Promoter reserves the right, at its discretion, to disqualify any entrant and withhold prizes if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules or if they do not comply with any of these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter also reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and any amendments will be published on the website www.seejapan.co.uk.
15. Promotion winners will be chosen at random by the Promoter, unless specified otherwise, from all qualifying entries within 14 days of the competition closing date.
16. Promotion winner will be contacted within five working days of random draw taking place.
17. The Promoter and Administrator will use reasonable endeavours to contact the winners using the contact details supplied upon entry to the Promotion. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of the first notification, then the winner forfeits the right to claim the Prize. Neither the Promoter nor Administrator shall be responsible should the winner provide incorrect contact or delivery details.
18. The winner will be asked to book their prize in accordance with these terms and conditions and any other instructions provided by the Promoter.
19. All travel, holiday or health insurance, passports and any required visas shall be the responsibility of the prize winner(s) and not the Promoter, Administrator or Prize Partners.
20. Travel dates may be restricted.
21. The accommodation and flights must be taken at the same time as part of the same trip.
22. All prizes are subject to availability.
23. Individual Prize Provider terms and conditions apply.
24. Additional costs are not included within the holiday prize (including but not limited to, food and drink, spending money, excursions and airport transfers) and are the responsibility of the prize winners and not the Promoter or any of the Prize Partners.
25. The Promoter, Administrator, Prize Partners and their associated agencies and companies accept no liability for any loss, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with the Promotion or the winners’ enjoyment of the prizes, other than such liability that cannot be excluded by law including death or personal injury caused by negligence, where liability shall be limited to the minimum permissible by law.
26. Promotion winner(s)' names may be published on the Japan National Tourism Organisation website.
27. After 4th December 2016 and for the following 3 months, the name and county of residence of the winners will be available upon written request to Japan National Tourism Organization, 1st Floor, Pennine House, 28 Leman Street, London, E1 8ER. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winners.
28. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity without compensation and the Promoter reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners/photographs of them in any publicity.
30. The Promoters decision is final.
31. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.